- In an effort to ensure needed equipment and commodities can be delivered to areas impacted by the recent flooding event, Department of Transportation and Development Secretary Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D., announced today that all oversize and overweight vehicle movement on all State highways will be allowed on Sunday, September 4, and Monday, September 5, 2016 during Labor Day observance.The Department’s Truck Permit Office will be closed Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2016
- Oversize loads over 12 feet wide may not travel on LA 1 northbound between the town of Addis and the Old Mississippi River Bridge from 7:00 A.M. to 9:00 A.M. and from 3:30 P.M. to 5:30 PM, Monday thru Friday
- Permit loads over 12 feet wide may not cross the Jimmie Davis Bridge on La 511 between the hours of 7 to 9 AM and 3:30 to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday
- Notice to Sugarcane Haulers: Agronomic/Horticulture Permit - Sugarcane Haulers: Beginning August 1, 2012, the secretary shall not issue any annual special permits to any owner or operator of a vehicle hauling sugarcane who has not added an additional single axle on the sugarcane trailer for a total of six axles for the vehicle and trailer combination. R.S. 32:387.7
- Permits purchased using the automated system on our website cannot be changed or refunded. The customer should be sure of the permit type they are requesting and check their permits carefully for errors before purchasing.
- Permits are automated only upto these dimensions: 15' 6" high, 16' wide, 125' long, 232000 grossweight
- SINGLE TRIP CONTAINERIZED CARGO—effective immediately the single trip containerized cargo (max gvw 100,000 pounds) will be tied to the “sealed container” number. You must enter entire container number in the “commodity serial number” field. You are no longer required to provide a truck and trailer license number, however, you will need to enter N/A in these fields unless you supply the correct license information.