|Frequently Asked Questions:|
1. To Setup and Use a Web Account
1. How do I get started?
2. Once the Permit Application Form is on the screen, What do I need to look for first?
3. After Submitting the application, What happens next?
4. Do I have to be a charge customer? Must I fill out and use a blank permit form to order an Internet permit.
5. What are the main things to keep in mind when I’m entering permit application information?
6. What types of permits can be issued through Internet and are there any that do not need to be reviewed ?
11. To Setup a Charge Account
A SURETY BOND must be posted with the Truck Permit Office to establish a permit charge account. The bonding insurance agency must execute the bond in the minimum amount of $1,000.00 or in increments of $1,000.00 to an amount equal to the customer's monthly billing. It is required that the original of the bond, a Power of Attorney for the principal and a Power of Attorney for the insurance company be furnished to the Truck Permit Office.
Customers who fail to pay the full invoice amount of a Charge Account within thirty (30) days of the billing date may have further charging privileges revoked and the Department may execute their Charge Account Bond.
A Charge Account allows a customer to purchase books of blank permit forms which may be activated as needed by the permittee. In order to cover printing and handling costs, a book of fifty (50) permit forms is sold for $5.00.
A Control Permit Form (C-Form) can be activated by filling it out completely in ink and then placing a telephone call to the Truck Permit Office. The form is not valid without the Permit Number which is supplied by the DOTD Permit Issuing Official at the time of Activation.
The white original sheet of the Permit must be carried with the vehicle for which it was issued at all times. The yellow copy must be mailed to the Truck Permit Office within twenty-four (24) hours of the Permit's activation.
For additional information, please feel free to call (225) 377-7146.
All correspondence for Oversize/Overweight Permits should be mailed to the address below.
Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
Attention: Truck Permit Office
Post Office Box 94042
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9042