- All oversize and overweight vehicle movement on all State highways will be prohibited on Tuesday, December 24 through Wednesday, December 25, 2013 in observance of the Christmas holidays. In observance of the New Year holiday, vehicle movement will be prohibited on Tuesday, December 31 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014. The Truck Permit Office will also be closed Tuesday, December 24, Wednesday, December 25, Tuesday, December 31, 2013, and Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- HURRICANE EXECUTIVE ORDER
- HURRICANE ISAAC ESCORT REQUIREMENTS
- Notice to Sugarcane Haulers: Agronomic/Horticulture Permit - Sugarcane Haulers: Beginning August 1, 2012, the secretary shall not issue any annual special permits to any owner or operator of a vehicle hauling sugarcane who has not added an additional single axle on the sugarcane trailer for a total of six axles for the vehicle and trailer combination. R.S. 32:387.7
- Permits purchased using the automated system on our website cannot be changed or refunded. The customer should be sure of the permit type they are requesting and check their permits carefully for errors before purchasing.Permits are automated only upto these dimensions: 15' 6" high, 16' wide, 125' long, 232000 grossweight
- SINGLE TRIP CONTAINERIZED CARGO—effective immediately the single trip containerized cargo (max gvw 100,000 pounds) will be tied to the “sealed container” number. You must enter entire container number in the “commodity serial number” field. You are no longer required to provide a truck and trailer license number, however, you will need to enter N/A in these fields unless you supply the correct license information.